All of these companies have valuable data to protect and rely on cyber security specialists to ensure this data is kept Become a Front-End Web Developer Learning Path LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda com safe. IT companies tend to let more employees work from home, and they tend to pay higher for this type of work, too.
- A FlexJobs survey found that 65% of respondents want to remain full-time remote workers, while 58% said they would search for a new job if they can’t continue working from home post-pandemic.
- From bilingual to multilingual, we have had a host of translators live Unsettled.
- The online tutoring sector is expected to grow by $153 billion between 2021 and 2025, which certainly means more remote work opportunities for those interested in tutoring.
- Every company needs someone who knows how to protect their business from scams, viruses, and other cyber threats.
- Although some education is generally required to land a job as a web developer or graphic designer, employers in both spaces are primarily concerned with what you can do, not where you learned to do it.
There will always be a need for HR, especially in an increasingly remote world. It takes a new approach, and a new kind of thinking to manage remote teams, and what better way to learn how to manage a remote team than by working remotely yourself? From recruiting to operations, you may be surprised how many world-renowned large corporations are opening up doors to the “gig economy” and post on job boards on WeWorkRemotely or Workew. From video game design, coding, computer programming, to front end and back end software developers, with an internet connection and some noise-cancelling headphones, anything is possible. There are frequently listings for programming jobs for both big and small companies on websites like, WeWorkRemotely, and Remote.Co which we recommend. The marketing field also had steep growth this year, while the HR and recruiting industry saw the highest percentage jump in postings for remote jobs over last year. According to Fortune Business InSights, by 2027, the global online recruitment market will reach $43.39 billion, up from $28.68 billion in 2019.
Remote Work Potential for Example Jobs
Software engineering is one of the highest-paying and most popular remote jobs available. Higher-paying remote jobs will require more education and training and possibly a portfolio IT Help Desk Technician job description template of work. If you’re a people person, you may thrive as a customer service representative. The median pay is $17.75 per hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
These jobs are fantastic for those who live in areas without a lot of opportunities for their profession. They’re also a great solution if you want to remain in – or relocate to – a particular location, such as areas with more affordable housing. Companies like AskWonder employ thousands of researchers that work on a variety of freelance projects all over the world.
If you’re new to this, it also helps if you love to learn (because there will always be something new you don’t know!) and build great relationships remotely. There are so many ways to build a remote career around a love of writing. Branded content, content marketing, social media, copywriting, and technical writing are just a few avenues you can take to pursue a writing career in addition to traditional editorial or journalistic routes.
- If you’re looking for the top remote jobs that pay well, or wondering what remote jobs are in-demand… the list below will give you 10 great remote career choices.
- In addition, there is a growing demand for online teachers as more states permit K-12 children to attend public school online.
- Join today and start searching for your next work-from-anywhere job.
By 2025, the number of people working remotely on a part-time basis is expected to increase to 50% of the workforce. Additionally, according to a recent Buffer survey, 92% of remote workers want to continue to do so. The career offers high earning potential along with immense growth opportunities based on your specialized skill set while allowing you to work remotely. Moreover, with a number of online learning platforms like Udemy and LinkedIn Learning, upskilling through online courses has become easy for both tutors and learners.
—Top Career Fields for Remote Work
If you’re working from home, that’s remote work; if you’re working from a coworking space, a coffee shop, or the beach, that’s also remote work, too. Work-from-home jobs are exactly how they sound — jobs working at home.
GettyYou don’t have to be a career expert, or even someone who checks Forbes on a monthly basis to have a good sense of the biggest career trend since Covid-19 upended our lives. If your job can be done from anywhere, consider negotiating with your employer to work at home on a full- or part-time basis. Medical billers convert doctors’ notes into billing codes that facilitate insurance payments to healthcare providers. It is the job of medical coders and billers to ensure that patients’ insurance providers send payments according to medical billing protocols. Translators who work online might be employed by a translating company, or translate news stories and articles, web pages, and books.